Our uniqueness and God’s gift to Africa is the dark skin. So, we need to cherish it and don’t feel inferior. The dark skin also known as chocolate, ebony skin is beauty personified. In this era, many dark skin women are intimidated by the fair skin because they lack self-worth and feel they are’nt beautiful enough but that is not true. We have the likes of super stars like Geneive Nnaji, Stephen Okereke, Ini Edo to mention just a few.
Have you had the saying that black is beautiful? Indeed it is, when the dark skin is well cater for with the right beauty products you can achieve a glowing coco velvety dark complexion that will create attention from admirers. If you a dark skin do not compromise your skin color by bleaching or lightening it up. Here I’ll be showing you how to exfoliate and pamper your skin with rich organic ingredient for making facial mask or pack at home for a glowing ebony beautiful dark skin. Enjoy!
Aloe vera and honey face mask for dark and oily skin
- Aloe vera gel
- 1 tbsp. pure honey
- 1 cap vitamin E oil
In a clean bowl, scoop 1 or 2 tablespoon aloe vera gel or preferably extract the gel from fresh aloe leaves, add the honey and add your vitamin E oil to the mixture. Mix all the ingredient properly and apply to your clean face, then allow to sit for 30 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
This face mask is rich in eliminating excess oil in the skin, prevent acne outbreak, heals scars and improves smoothness and glow of the skin.
It also a great moisturizer.
Papaya and Egg White Mask
- 2 tbsp Papaya juice
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- Apple Cider vinegar
- Almond/Olive/Groundnut oil for dry skin
- Glycerin for dry skin
- Egg white
Grind a small piece of papaya. Mix it with yogurt, vinegar and almond oil/olive oil/groundnut oil. Keep it in the fridge for a couple of hours. Take the mask and add some glycerin and egg white to it. Apply it on your face and leave it for 20-30 minutes. Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Papaya helps in skin lightening and evens out the skin tone. It fights against blemishes.
- Yogurt is a very good cleanser and fights against skin problems.
- Apple cider vinegar, if applied before sleeping can remove blemishes overnight.
- Glycerin and oils moisturize the skin while egg white acts against sagging of skin.
This face pack for dark skin helps in lightening and moisturizing dark skin.
It also helps to tighten large pore on the skin and provide a firmer skin.
Read also: facial-mask-for-fair-glowing-complexion
Gram Flour and Lime Juice Pack
This homemade face pack for dark skin is the most effective as it has the power of lime in it.
- 1tbsp Gram flour or besan
- 1tbsp Lime juice
- 1tsp Turmeric
- few drops Rose water
Mix all the above ingredients well and apply on your face. Let it dry and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- This face mask is a very good cleanser and exfoliator while lemon juice helps to eliminate skin patches and discolouration.
- Rose water is a good natural toner while turmeric is an antibacterial ingredient which acts against various skin problems such as scars, pimples, acnes and others.
Honey and Lemon Juice Mask for dark skin
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Take equal amounts of honey and lime juice. Mix them well and use it as a pack. Wait for 15-20 min and rinse well with lukewarm water.
- Honey is an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredient and it acts against blemishes, scars and evens out the skin.
Milk and Lime Juice Mask
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Honey
Mix all these ingredients well and use it as a pack. Leave it till it dries and rinse well with lukewarm water.
Milk cleanses the skin, moisturizes it very well and even outs the skin tone.
Tomato and Honey Mask
- 3-4 Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Honey
Blend your tomatoes and mix it with honey. Apply it all over your face and allow to sit for 30 minutes. Rinse your face with lukewarm water and you will find your skin glowing.
Tomato is a natural bleach, it has skin lightening properties. Use this mask regularly and you can see how it works wonders for your skin.
Milk and Lemon Juice Mask
- 1 tbsp Milk powder
- 1/2 tbsp almond oil/olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
Mix all the ingredients properly in a clean bowl and apply on your face. Wait till it dries up and rinse well with lukewarm water.
Sugar face mask
This is the simplest recipe for exfoliating your skin easily. It is mild and gentle on the skin when done properly and very suitable for all skin type. All you need to do, wash your face with soap and apply some white sugar on your face and use your hand to scrub in circular motions repeatedly for 15- 20 mins. And then rinse out with cold water.
Remove dead cells from the skin by rejuvenating it
Promote smoothness of the skin
Oatmeal and honey face mask
- 3 tbsp. oatmeal
- 2 tbsp. honey
In a clean bowl add your oatmeal and honey together and mix. Apply the mask on clean face and allow to stay for 30 mins. Rinse off with lukewarm water. It is very suitable for oily skin.
- It helps control excess oil for oily skin
- Promotes smoothness and enhances glowing skin
Carrot and honey lemon face mask
- Carrot pulp or carrot powder
- 1 tbsp. honey
- lemon juice
Mix all the ingredients in a clean container, you can either use blended fresh carrot or carrot powder and apply on your washed face. Allow to sit for 20-30 minutes then rinse out with cold water.