Today I will be showing you my organic aloe vera gel recipe made from home. This is a DIY (Doing It Yourself). Save some kesh without investing much on over-the-counter aloe gel.
Why Aloe Vera?
Aloe vera plant is a rich succulent plant known for its medicinal and agricultural uses. In beauty industry, it is used in the production of many beauty products in the market because of its skin benefits. Aloe vera is also used as an ornamental house plant in many homes. So it can be grown easily in pots. Its leaves are thick and fleshy, and you can extract them to make a gel at the comfort of your home. Aloe Vera is rich in Vitamin C, A, E, and B12 which are powerful antioxidants that act against free radicals. The enzyme, ‘Bradykinase’ found in aloe vera contains properties that reduce inflammation when applied on the skin.
Aloe vera is a natural healer plant. It contains a lot of minerals that are used to regulate a lot of bodily functions. It is rich in minerals like calcium, potassium, zinc, sodium, magnesium and copper. Its fatty acid contents are a bonus to its antiseptic and analgesic properties. Collagen and elastin fibres are the main components that reduce wrinkles and offer the skin tightness and glow.
Here is a simple guide on how to make aloe vera gel:
What you will Need
- Aloe Vera Leaf (cut and cleaned)
- A sharp knife
- Blender (high speed)
- A tablespoon
- Chopping board
- A clean container
- Agar – agar or ½ unflavored gelatin
- Food color (optional)
- Vit E oil (capsules)
- Cut and wash the aloe vera leaf under running water.
- Using the sharp knife cut off the sharp edges part of the aloe vera leaf.
- Make a long incision across the length of the leaf to open up its a fleshy part.
- Now, slice off the rind and stay as close to the skin of the leaf to minimize gel wastage.
- Pull off the skin so that the fleshy pulp gets exposed.
- Repeat this with all the other cut parts of the aloe vera leaf.
- Scoop out the gel using a spoon, and keep it in a bowl. Take care not to scoop the yellowish portion of the leaf.
- Put all the pulp that you have extracted in the blender and blend it on high speed for about 30 secs. Use a blender for the gel. It will foam. Let it sit until the foam is mostly gone
- Boil 1and 1/4 cup of water add ½ teaspoon gelatin or agar-agar
- Mix until dissolves and allow to cool
- Mix it with 200- 250ml of aloe vera in a container you want to keep it in e.g a soap dispenser
- Add 2 drop of food color (green)
- Add 2 Vit E oil capsule and mix together then cool it down in the fridge
- Store the gel in an airtight glass container for longer shelf life.
- Your homemade fresh aloe vera gel is ready for use.
ALOE VERA BENEFITS FOR THE SKIN
- Eliminate pimples and acne scars
- Heals skin burn caused by hot water, hot oil or any hot substances
- Good skin moisturizer, firm your skin and makes the skin smooth and supple.
- Cures skin problems like eczema, rashes, acne,ringworm and stretch marks
- Help to glow your skin.
- Provide moisture to your skin
- Soothe skin irritations
- Slow down aging
- Exfoliate lightly